Complaint: On December 5th, 2013, Pacific Hot Tub Solutions (PHTS)replaced the control/heater unit in my spa after diagnosing the existing control/heater unit as unrepairable. On March 23rd, 2014, while investigating a water leak under my spa, I discovered that the PHTS technician had left the high voltage wires to the new control/heater unit EXPOSED. These wires should have been protected with weatherproof conduit and a weatherproof connector at the new control/heater unit. Water from the leak had sprayed on the "live" 240 volt/40 amp wiring and had sprayed inside the new control/heater unit. Water actually came in contact with both high and low voltage wiring! The PHTS technician also failed to bond ("ground")the two spa pumps to the control/heater unit. He also removed the wire to the ozone generator and rendered it useless. Luckily, no one was injured or killed before I discovered the problems. I immediately contacted PHTS and received an offer of $100.00 to go away. The next day the owner of the company profusely apologized for her employee's actions but offered no real settlement. However, after I filed a complaint with the Clackamas County Electrical Department the owner of the company refused to attempt any type of resolution unless I withdrew my complaints to the County, State and AngiesList. In October, 2014, the topside control unit that controls the heater, pumps and lights detached from it mounting bracket and fell back inside the spa enclosure. This rendered the spa basically useless. Spa the new control/heater unit was still under the one year warrantee, I contacted PHTS in writing. As of this date, PHTS has refused/failed to contact me regarding the warrantee repair. Regarding the initial installation, the State of Oregon has proposed fines to PHTS in the amount of $9,000.00 for license violations, permit violation and unsafe wiring practices. The State of Oregon has proposed a fine in the amount of $2,500.00 to the unlicensed PHTS technician. To date, PHTS is not licensed, bonded or insured with the State of Oregon.

Desired Settlement: I have invested almost a year of my time and efforts to bring this company into compliance with Oregon laws and Administrative Rules. I have engaged in numerous meetings and phone conversations with County and State officials. I have incurred personal expenses to process my complaints and repair my spa. I have lost use of my spa for almost four months. I am seeking a settlement in the amount of $10,000.00 from PHTS.

This reviewer shared experience about "they took us" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Pacific Hot Tub Solutions and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Pacific Hot Tub Solutions.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Shopping category for more informed decision or compare Pacific Hot Tub Solutions to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Pacific Hot Tub Solutions?

Comments

Oregon City, Oregon, United States #1271030

more ugly bs posted against a solid hot tub company in Oregon city Oregon since 2010. BBB A- rated 14k followers on facebook www.pacifichottubsolutions.com or check out our facebook page

to Anonymous La Puente, California, United States #1319144

You are a fraud Scott Stogsdill.You should still be in prison for the crimes you have committed.

Everyone sees through your elaborate lies.The public is far smarter than you think.