STATE OF OREGON REPORT ON UNSAFE HOT TUBS FROM PACIFIC HOT TUB SOLUTIONS
Complaint: On December 5th, 2013, Pacific Hot Tub Solutions (PHTS)replaced the control/heater unit in my spa after diagnosing the existing control/heater unit as unrepairable. On March 23rd, 2014, while investigating a water leak under my spa, I discovered that the PHTS technician had left the high voltage wires to the new control/heater unit EXPOSED. These wires should have been protected with weatherproof conduit and a weatherproof connector at the new control/heater unit. Water from the leak had sprayed on the "live" 240 volt/40 amp wiring and had sprayed inside the new control/heater unit. Water actually came in contact with both high and low voltage wiring! The PHTS technician also failed to bond ("ground")the two spa pumps to the control/heater unit. He also removed the wire to the ozone generator and rendered it useless. Luckily, no one was injured or killed before I discovered the problems. I immediately contacted PHTS and received an offer of $100.00 to go away. The next day the owner of the company profusely apologized for her employee's actions but offered no real settlement. However, after I filed a complaint with the Clackamas County Electrical Department the owner of the company refused to attempt any type of resolution unless I withdrew my complaints to the County, State and AngiesList. In October, 2014, the topside control unit that controls the heater, pumps and lights detached from it mounting bracket and fell back inside the spa enclosure. This rendered the spa basically useless. Spa the new control/heater unit was still under the one year warrantee, I contacted PHTS in writing. As of this date, PHTS has refused/failed to contact me regarding the warrantee repair. Regarding the initial installation, the State of Oregon has proposed fines to PHTS in the amount of $9,000.00 for license violations, permit violation and unsafe wiring practices. The State of Oregon has proposed a fine in the amount of $2,500.00 to the unlicensed PHTS technician. To date, PHTS is not licensed, bonded or insured with the State of Oregon.
Desired Settlement: I have invested almost a year of my time and efforts to bring this company into compliance with Oregon laws and Administrative Rules. I have engaged in numerous meetings and phone conversations with County and State officials. I have incurred personal expenses to process my complaints and repair my spa. I have lost use of my spa for almost four months. I am seeking a settlement in the amount of $10,000.00 from PHTS.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- THEY TOOK US
- Product or service
- Pacific Hot Tub Solutions Repair
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am in this business for 27 years and all I do is service and repair of pool and spa heaters. Correct sizing, installation and proper annual maintenance will insure..."
- "Having the same problem with lights and audio. It worked fine for about 2 months and then the lights started flickering and then audio cut off and wouldn't work. Then..."
- "I need a barbed fitting that I have gotten at thermo spa several times over the past few years. I am 20 miles from the warehouse and was always able..."
- "Visitors to PSFIFACoins get not only FIFA 15 Coins for all the consoles and Xbox One and other devices but get them at cheap price too. One of the specialities..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "I was expecting my delivery yesterday since the tracker indicated that my delivery is out for delivery. Early this morning, i checked again the the tracker since I haven't receive..."
- "We got an adv. In our mail box for this company that saying they have good deals for buying house.. we did call the company to take an appointment. ..."
- "I was just about to pay for the shipping of my free 14 day trial of Peak Life Prostate and then I read the Terms on the ordering page, you..."