STATE OF OREGON REPORT ON UNSAFE HOT TUBS FROM PACIFIC HOT TUB SOLUTIONS
Complaint: On December 5th, 2013, Pacific Hot Tub Solutions (PHTS)replaced the control/heater unit in my spa after diagnosing the existing control/heater unit as unrepairable. On March 23rd, 2014, while investigating a water leak under my spa, I discovered that the PHTS technician had left the high voltage wires to the new control/heater unit EXPOSED. These wires should have been protected with weatherproof conduit and a weatherproof connector at the new control/heater unit. Water from the leak had sprayed on the "live" 240 volt/40 amp wiring and had sprayed inside the new control/heater unit. Water actually came in contact with both high and low voltage wiring! The PHTS technician also failed to bond ("ground")the two spa pumps to the control/heater unit. He also removed the wire to the ozone generator and rendered it useless. Luckily, no one was injured or killed before I discovered the problems. I immediately contacted PHTS and received an offer of $100.00 to go away. The next day the owner of the company profusely apologized for her employee's actions but offered no real settlement. However, after I filed a complaint with the Clackamas County Electrical Department the owner of the company refused to attempt any type of resolution unless I withdrew my complaints to the County, State and AngiesList. In October, 2014, the topside control unit that controls the heater, pumps and lights detached from it mounting bracket and fell back inside the spa enclosure. This rendered the spa basically useless. Spa the new control/heater unit was still under the one year warrantee, I contacted PHTS in writing. As of this date, PHTS has refused/failed to contact me regarding the warrantee repair. Regarding the initial installation, the State of Oregon has proposed fines to PHTS in the amount of $9,000.00 for license violations, permit violation and unsafe wiring practices. The State of Oregon has proposed a fine in the amount of $2,500.00 to the unlicensed PHTS technician. To date, PHTS is not licensed, bonded or insured with the State of Oregon.
Desired Settlement: I have invested almost a year of my time and efforts to bring this company into compliance with Oregon laws and Administrative Rules. I have engaged in numerous meetings and phone conversations with County and State officials. I have incurred personal expenses to process my complaints and repair my spa. I have lost use of my spa for almost four months. I am seeking a settlement in the amount of $10,000.00 from PHTS.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- THEY TOOK US
- Product or service
- Pacific Hot Tub Solutions Repair
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased an Ultra hot tub cover from HotTubWorks.com. The cover I chose was recommended for colder climates; “ULTRA, Made for Snowy Weather”; which I paid extra for. According..."
- "Absolute worst company, owner sub contract everything to the lowest bidder and it shows, and sub par unlicensed contractors is what I got not mention it took 5 months to..."
- "After a plumber charged me $160 to tell me the MOEN cartridge did not fix my leak & I would have to replace both bathroom faucets (for another service call..."
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- " Self deception, conflicts of interest, a feeling of possible corruption, and completely abandoning moral fiber are all words I would use to describe the owners..."
- "Horrible business. I ordered an item and it arrived to me extremely broken. I asked for a refund and they were unwilling. Instead they offered another item free of charge..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."
- "well i,m disable an i was post to get a raise on my social security an my ssi but all i got was a Dollar an a penny raise so..."
- " I ordered a T-shirt from TeeChip that was SUPPOSED to be supporting Democrats, I got a completely switched around shirt that supports Republican’s instead. It’s a pretty obvious color..."